Camp MaccabeeCamp Maccabee was founded in 2009 with the purpose of forming bold, Catholic, masculine leaders. Since 2009 the camp has evolved into a much-anticipated summer event for many young Catholics across the Diocese of Jefferson City. The main draws for the camp are the daily adventures experienced by the youth. These adventures have ranged from ropes courses to rafting trips. Along with daily adventures the campers are enriched with the sacraments and thought provoking reflections. Year after year, young men have left the camp with great friendships, and a renewed sense of what it means to be an authentically Catholic man. The name of the camp comes from the Maccabeus clan. This Old-Testament family led a revolt against the Greek Seleucid Empire who was seeking to destroy the Jewish faith and culture. Like the Maccabeus family the camp seeks to build strong men who will courageously fight for what is right, and stand as virtuous Catholic men. Since the conception of the camp we have grown in number from 9 to 28 campers, and we have expanded from one to two sessions every summer. We hope to grow this ministry to accommodate even more campers and offer a wider array of activities.
We ask you to please consider a donation of time, prayer, or money so that we can continue to grow this ministry.
Tuition and Costs:While Camp Maccabee offers multiple engaging opportunities for young men, it still remains an extremely affordable camp for young men to attend. It is our goal to make sure that no one should be turned away from the camp because of the cost. For one session of camp the cost to the individual is only $150, but this fee only covers a small portion of what it costs to send a young man to camp. For each individual’s food, activities, and transportation the cost is around $450. For that reason we rely upon the generous donations of individuals and businesses. We ask you to please consider helping a young man experience a life-changing camp by supporting Camp Maccabee in prayer, service, or monetary donation.
- June 23-28 2019 @ St. Robert Bellarmine, St. Robert, MO
- July 21-26 2019 @ St. Robert Bellarmine, St. Robert, MO
- Fr. Bill Peckman – Pastor: St. Clement, St. Clement, MO
- Fr. Dave Veit – Pastor: St. Patrick, Rolla, MO
- Rev. Mr. Richard Vise – Deacon: St. Robert Bellarmine, St. Robert, MO, St. Jude, Richland, MO, St. Teresa, Dixon, MO, St. Cornelius, Crocker, MO
- Patrick McGrath – Director of Business Development: McGrath Affinity, Camdenton, MO
- Eric Martin – Middle School Teacher, Osage Middle School, Osage Beach, MO
- John DeLaporte – Diocese Youth Ministry Coordinator: Jefferson City, MO